Custom Search

mardi 22 juillet 2008

Marketing and Listing eBay Items


“Submit!” Your item is now LIVE on eBay! You’ve just put an item on the shelf of the eBay system! A worldwide marketplace waiting for shoppers to browse the window into your world!

The listing of items on eBay is not only profitable, but it can be a challenge. I try to challenge myself with each listing. Looking for selling strategies, techniques to use as well as marketing as needed.

Selling Strategies:

  • Detailed description.
  • Keywords.
  • Using all 55 characters in the title.

Techniques:

  • Short and Sweet or Tell a Story.
  • Keep Terms of sale shorter than the description.
  • Add photos direct into the description.

Marketing:

  • Listing upgrades.
  • Newsletter.
  • Outside The box.

The title is the most important starting point of your auction. It not only gets the attention of the buyer, it represents you and what you’re selling. Adding a “keyword” or two in the title can help the shoppers find your item.

The basic listing does not need a ton of words weighing down the description. Buyers will get bored if your description goes on and on and on and on AND THEN on some more! Another thing I teach my students, is to please NOT make the terms of sale make me feel like I need to get my attorney to proof read it before I bid! Keep those listings, short/sweet and to the point!

Take advantage of the awesome newsletter system eBay has for store owners! Send out a newsletter to your customers concentrating on your eBay items. I send mine out about 2 times a month and I offer Selling Tips as well as updates about me and what I have to offer.

This is for eBay members only. Sign up:

Receive “HOT Selling Tips!!!” newsletters from danna

If you’re not an eBay member. Click here to register, it’s FREE to join!

With each listing, eBay offers: Listing upgrades. Such as: Bold, Highlight, Gallery, boarder and more. Click her to view: LISTING UPGRADES and learn more.

There are many different avenues to market your eBay items. This was a great topic on my Radio show. Feel free to tune in and listen at: PowerSellingMom’s; Let’s Talk eBay Radio Show!

Keep in mind it’s not necessary to market all of your eBay items. Marketing can be used for many different reasons. Such as high profile, charity auction, high dollar items. Marketing can also be used to get your name out there and get traffic to your eBay store in addition to the eBay system. eBay is indeed the best advertiser available for your eBay items.

I offer free eBay Auction Advertising at my website: PowerSellingMom.com. My site is very popular for both eBay buyers and sellers. Many website owners offering free auction advertising try to help each other out and support each of our sites. Visit my Banner page to view the “Mom Approved” Free eBay Auction Advertising Sites that I promote! Each owner has the “Auction Bump” available for eBay sellers to “share Your Wares!”

Now is the time to get those items listed and market you and your items around the world with eBay, the Largest on-line Marketplace available in the world!

Aucun commentaire: